Global Institute of Journalism for the Future
“When times change, new journalists are born.”
Changing the world through innovative ways of journalism.
We believe that modern journalism is both investigative and constructive. It´s co-created and networked. It´s systemic and provides context.
We seek to connect journalists to co-create stories with leverage for future-oriented, societal change.
We strive for a networked collaboration building a global community of storytellers, e.g. journalists and media makers.
Open Eyes is located in Amsterdam
Open Eyes - The Global Institute for Journalism for the Future seeks to be an innovative, dynamic and bold Institute with a principle of “Expert Sourcing”. This involves tapping into a collective group of experts in various fields in order to cross-pollinate ideas and spark innovation.
Open Eyes - The Global Institute for Journalism for the Future will open in Amsterdam in 2018, but already offers masterclasses and presentations in 2017. Sign up to receive news about our institute.
Offers in 2017
Because we don’t want to keep you waiting we have some special opportunities this year:
- Our Dutch course started again in September 2017. Students learn all about investigative journalism and entrepeneurship. Classes are one day per week, every Monday. (Click here for more information).
- Cathrine Gyldensted will provide some brand new Masterclasses in Constructive Journalism. These classes are in English. Sign up for our e-mail updates on these courses, below:
We work issue-based and progress-oriented.
We will draw from top expertize in other professions, to create the optimal learning experience for you.
Here is no sacred status quo: we like to do things differently, evaluate, and filter out what works.
Guiding principle: “We are team players. Stories are team-efforts”.
Cathrine Gyldensted DK / Journalist / combining journalism and positive psychology into constructive Journalism
Geesje van Haren NL / Entrepreneurial Journalist / combining investigative journalism, filmmaking and innovative organizing excellence
Paul van der Cingel NL / Economist / combining complexity science, network literacy and educational insights into Systemic Journalism
Open Eyes Key Elements:
- forward-looking / future-oriented.
- on-site courses, events, hackathons.
- interdisciplinary approach / drawing from behavioural sciences to create the most engaging stories, as well as in learning about society (insights from complexity science and network science), serious gaming / gamification.
- expert sourcing principle.
- start-up accelerator for newsmedia, storytellers and journalists.
Visit us in Amsterdam:
A Lab - Overhoeksplein 2
1031 KS Amsterdam